Secure the Internet Grants request for proposals
This Research Award is now closed
Applications are now closed
Winners will be announced at Black Hat USA 2018 in Las Vegas, NV.
Launch Date January 23, 2018
Deadline March 30, 2018
Winners Announced May 2018
Applicants should clearly state any existing collaborations with Facebook researchers or engineers and whether their proposal has a named sponsor within Facebook.
One person from each funded team is expected to attend Black Hat USA in August, 2018 to accept the grant and also attend a Summit held in Facebook's offices in 2019 to present and share their team's work with both Facebook and other researchers. Facebook will pay for travel for both events, separate from the award itself.
Successful awardees will be listed on the Facebook Research website and will be encouraged to openly publish any findings/insights from their work.
Timing and dates
Application is now closed
Grants Awarded and Winners Announced: Notifications will be sent by email to selected award recipients in May, 2018. Winners will be announced at Black Hat USA 2018 in Las Vegas, NV.
Award Amount: Up to $100,000 USD
Applications should be under 2 pages and include:
- Names of the researcher(s) involved in the proposed work
- Host academic research institution or organization
- Clear and concise statement of the research
- A timeline with deliverables such as publications, tools, or libraries
- Proposed impact on end users and how it would be adopted
- Indication of any previous or current connections/collaborations with Facebook (in which case please name any Facebook contacts)
- A proposed budget
Questions about Secure the Internet research proposals you may send them to: email@example.com
Receive email notifications about our research awards