I joined Novi in October 2018 to help find tools and methods to aid the development of high assurance systems. I was a professor of computer science at Stanford University from 1987 to 2017, when I retired (so I am now a professor, emeritus).
My primary research area is automated formal verification using a variety of techniques.
- National Academy of Engineering, 2013
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2013
- Alonzo Church Award for Outstanding Contributions to Logic, 2016
- Donald E. Knuth Professorship, Stanford School of Engineering, 2016
- Computer-Aided Verification Award, 2008
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Pioneer Award, 2004
Formal methods, high assurance systems, security